The ultimate summer skin care tips takes a few simple steps to get that fabulous skin:
- Daily cleansing is a must.Even if it gets too late, you must remove your make up.
- Toning for oily to combination skin
- Moisturizing is the key to hydrated skin for all skin types, even acne prone skin.
- Regular exfoliation to remove old dead skin and refresh it. It can be done once a week or once in two weeks or once a month depending on skin type
- Investing in anti-oxidant creams to prevent early signs of aging
- Sun-protection is vital for skin cars as discussed below.
- Drinking plenty of water (8 glasses per day)
- You are what you eat. So eat raw fruits and vegetables (5 portions/day).
- Light exercising (2/3 times a week, about 30 minutes) to improve circulation which helps in a glowing skin
- Adequate sleep (7 – 8 hours)
SUMMER SKIN CARE TIPS
As you know, melanin is the pigment that creates your skin color and exposure to sunlight increases melanin production. Thus, the higher the melanin in your skin, the darker your skin becomes. Avoiding direct exposure to sun light is very important to protect yourself from photo-aging. It is getting really hot now and avoiding outdoor activities may be difficult, so scheduling these activities after 5 pm is better. Be it going to the park, jogging,outdoor games and garden parties etc.
Similarly, please don’t ignore your children; they need skin protection as well. Please remember to moisturize your skin and apply sun block and drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. Sun block is vital and best time to apply is 20 minutes before you step out and you may reapply every 2 – 4 hours depending on the outdoor duration. SPF (30+) is generally adequate and you can choose a product according to your skin type.
I would like to clear a common misconception of only wearing sun glasses, a hat and sun block when going to the beach or the pool. Instead, this should be a daily ritual to prevent your skin from sun damage which can be in the form of sunburn, sun tan, pigmentation issues, early signs of aging like wrinkling of skin, photo-keratitis.
Be sun safe!